Tuberculosis (TB) is a re-emerging disease in the United States and is a threat to Washington cattle.
All TB testing of cattle or bison in Washington State is performed by a veterinarian accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services. In addition, all accredited veterinarians who test cattle or bison in Washington for TB are required to successfully complete training in tuberculosis testing procedures provided by USDA or WSDA. Veterinarians who do not complete the training may not perform official TB testing until training is completed and verified by the WSDA. Veterinarians who watch the video provided on this website and pass the quiz will meet USDA and WSDA requirements for TB certification. (WAC 16-86-125)
Tuberculosis Certification Testing for Bovine Practitioners
Please take the online course developed by Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) Animal Health Program. WSDA would like to thank the California Department of Food and Agriculture for allowing us to use their TB video in our training.
WSDA will monitor and track registrants in order to provide them with a certificate upon completion. A score of 100% is required to become certified and should you not pass, WSDA will provide consultation for free from one of their field veterinarians in order to become certified.
Follow the instructions below to access the course:
- First you will need to Register and create an account at: https://apps.vetmed.wsu.edu/CVME/Account/Register
Note: Your e-mail address and password will give you access the course.
- Second, click to visit the Bovine Tuberculosis Course
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Add to Cart” button
- On the next page click on the “Proceed to checkout” button.
- On the next page click the “Place order now” button.
- Next, select “My Dashboard” on the left side of the screen and the course should be available. Click on the course title and it will take you to a page that has the course link to start your Tuberculosis Training. **Make sure your speakers are turned on**
- Once you complete the video, return to “My Dashboard” and under the course title you will see the text “Take Quiz“, this is the last step you need to complete to get certified. You will need a score of 100% to pass the quiz!
- If you’ve passed the quiz, you will receive a certificate issued by WSDA within ten (10) business days. If you’ve not received a certificate, please contact the Program Coordinator.
- If you’ve not passed after the third attempt, please contact the Program Coordinator below and she will work with you directly to help you understand the questions you missed. A certificate will be issued upon clarification of information.
- Program Coordinator: Kerrie Pfalzgraf Kpfalzgraf@agr.wa.gov (360) 902-1878