- This event has passed.
IETS Innovation Workshop 2 (Genomics)
October 26, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
IETS Innovation Workshop 2 – Practical Genomics for the ET Practitioner
Oct. 26, 2017, Caribe Royale Hotel, Orlando, Florida
Held in conjunction with the 2017 AETA & CETA/ACTE Joint Annual Convention
Genomic tools for prediction of traits of economic importance are transforming cattle production systems and increasing the value of embryo transfer as a tool for genetic selection. This workshop aims to give ET practitioners and other interested persons the information needed to understand the scientific basis of genomic selection and how it can be used in conjunction with embryo transfer to increase rates of genetic improvement in cattle.
Registration: $50/$75 for IETS/AETA/CETA members (early/late registration) and $100/$150 for non‐members
- 2:00 PM Peter Hansen, University of Florida. Genomics 101.
- 2:15 PM Francisco Peñagaricano, University of Florida. Case study of the use of genomic testing in dairy cattle.
- 2:45 PM Alison Van Eenennaam, University of California‐Davis. Genomics in the beef cattle industry.
- 3:15 PM Break
- 3:30 PM Joseph Dalton, University of Idaho. Genomics and fertility in dairy cattle.
- 4:00 PM Patrick Blondin, L’Alliance Boviteq. Genotyping embryos.
- 4:30 PM Albert De Vries, University of Florida. Economic considerations driving the optimal mix of reproductive technologies employed on the dairy herd.
- 5:00 PM Open Discussion
- For more information, go to http://www.iets.org/innovate2